Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bill O'Reilly - Keith Olbermann Feud

I'm not saying this is proof of anything other than GE is set up in this admin to make piles and piles of money off of the policies being set in front...rammed down our throats.  Just an artcle  I found at examiner.com                                                                                                                                                          In light of the serious push that Obama is forcing Congress to make on his healthcare plan , I thought this was the ideal time to continue my series of Obama’s tangled web. This part is regarding Obama, Immelt and GE Healthcare..

Obama set aside billions in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to fund the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. This is the act that wants all medical practices to provide patient information to the federal government by 2015. Medicaid and Medicare patients already have their information sent to the federal government. Personally I do not want the federal government to know my medical treatment nor do I want them to ever have a say in it.

The HITECH Act is also another way for companies such as GE to make millions. Just yesterday GE released a statement regarding their new 'Stimulus Simplicity' program:

"Fairfield, CONN. – June 15, 2009 – GE (NYSE: GE) today announced, as part of its healthymagination initiative to increase access to technology and reduce cost, the launch of a new program, Stimulus Simplicity, which offers doctors and hospitals an easier path to electronic medical records (EMR) adoption. This program is a joint offering of GE Healthcare and GE Capital and contains two core elements – a commitment to ensure the EMRs are certified (a precursor to federal stimulus reimbursement eligibility) and an interest-free loan with deferred payments. The program addresses some of the biggest barriers to EMR adoption faced by healthcare providers, uncertainty around future standards and interim funding to cover the capital investment."
Since GE is already in the Healthcare Technology business, I’m sure there will be plenty of business coming their way when physicians and hospitals realize that there will be a penalty to pay if they do not follow Obama’s ‘Act'. The new name of their program is quite interesting - Stimulus (in which doctors and the medical industry now have to PAY money for something and Simplicity (it's not that easy which is why you should buy GE's products and consulting services).

GE just recently started Healthymagination in 2009 where their motto is: “it’s time for a better, simpler system where innovation helps lower the cost of care and improve the quality of outcomes for more people.” As I have said before, this sounds like something right out of Obama’s playbook of propaganda. Healthymagination will not only provide products and services but they will even finance them. This was part of the statement they had on their website before Stimulus Simplicity appeared:

“New IT financing program in U.S.: For more than 10 years GE has been investing in healthcare IT, including the development of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Healthcare Information Exchanges (HIE)... As a commitment to this space, in the 2nd half of 2009, GE will offer $2B in preferred financing to qualified healthcare providers including those physicians in rural and underserved markets. This financing will enable healthcare systems to adopt GE’s Centricity EMR and HIE services before 2011 in time to qualify for financial incentives described in the provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)…”

Obviously this is going to cost medical providers a lot of money while making GE a lot of money at the same time. As I stated above, providers who do not provide the medical records of their private patients to the federal government by 2015 will be penalized financially. GE Capital got a bailout when the government was handing out money, how is it that they’ll have $2 billion for financing all of this? In their news release about Stimulus Simplicity they state they have $100 million for financing available. Is the $2 billion really what it is going to cost health care providers?

GE’s Healthymagination will also use GE-owned NBC and MSNBC, amongst other stations to promote and talk about healthcare. MSNBC is launching a new daily health care program that will “..tackle everything from health and wellness tips and medical breakthroughs to in-depth looks at U.S. health policy as it progresses through Washington.” Since Immelt is on Obama’s Economic Advisory Board and was the former head of GE Healthcare before becoming the overall GE CEO, what are the odds Americans will get an accurate portrayal of Obama’s healthcare plan as it develops? I will wager that what this program will do is further Obama’s propaganda about the health care plan he is forcing Congress to rush through to be on his desk by October. Perfect timing for a new daily healthcare show on the channel that refuses to report anything negative about Obama isn’t it?

It is obvious that Immelt being one of Obama’s Economic Advisors could be a windfall for GE if a Universal Healthcare plan gets put into place. More people will be using the system; more technology will be needed; more regulations and rules; more consulting services and more products in general. The HITECH act will already provide GE with future revenue because medical practitioners will have to conform to Obama’s IT sharing mandate. They will not be able to do this on their own so they will have hire someone and/or get new technology. GE stands to make millions and even billions off of this legislation. As you can see from the above information, they are already investing in their bet on Obama.

I previously said this series of articles would be in three parts; however, during my research I have discovered even more entanglements in Obama’s web with GE. Part IV will be the final in the series regarding Obama, Immelt, GE and Daschle with a couple of new twists.

This is CABL.com posting #265190. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbg9q
Posted in reply to: Re: Bill O'Reilly - Keith Olbermann Feud by thetyrone
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Keith Olbermann Feud sab3r 8/14/2009 6:15:30 PM
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Keith Olbermann Feud messenger 8/14/2009 2:33:08 PM
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Keith Olbermann Feud JD42596 8/14/2009 5:25:35 AM