Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I do not support Obamacare on principal

You need to define your principles.  You are algae swimming on the surface of the issues.

Do you want to be a free person?  If the answer to that question is yes the definition of free is being able to do whatever you want.  That means if you want to live in a society of free people, being alive is a risk since you can not control other free people.  A society living free under individual self rule does not require a government.

People freak out at the thought of anarchy.  They say I will not be safe, but I want to be free.  Kind of a ridiculous argument.  It is impossible to guarantee freedom and safety.

How about this... because it does not matter whether you want to be or believe you are free or not.  It is a fact that people are free.  People will always be free to do what they want limited only by their means.  So if you look at the equation from that angle then the logical question is if I accept that all people are free to do as they wish what kind of society will bring out the most good in people?

If it is a fact people will always be free to do as they wish limited only by their means then it is also a fact that ultimately personal safety is the responsibility of each individual.  If someone seeks to do you harm the only thing that is guaranteed is that you must defend yourself because help may or may not be available.

So what kind of society brings out the most good in people?  People typically do what they feel is in their best interests.

All that said:
I accept that all people are free in their actions limited only by their means.
I accept that being alive is a risk and that it is ultimately up to me to provide for my personal safety.
I accept a society based on the rule of law that only seeks to criminalize injuring another person or damaging another persons property creates an environment that has the potential to bring about the most good.
I accept a society where the least amount of force is imposed on free people has the potential to bring about the most good.
I accept a free market with no cost of entry into the marketplace economically empowers the individual and has the potential to bring about the most good.

Society is about people.  Not governments.  Not companies.

I think many Americans have lost their sense of personal responsibility.  In their false sense of security they seek to control peoples actions which is impossible to control.  They are too busy focusing on controlling the impossible instead of looking at the fundamentals to improve society.  Huge problems like gangs, poverty, health, etc. are not going to be solved by using the threat of force to pay for it on productive people.
Need some unscheduled time off? Just say no
This is CABL.com posting #264955. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbg5D
Posted in reply to: Re: I do not support Obamacare on principal by Gwester843
There are 0 replies to this message