Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: good idea but what is really the idea?

So very true. The progressive movement has been alive in the US since Teddy Roosevelt. And they have never, until now, been trying to make big sweeping changes. They knew the people would rebel. But today Obama is trying to use the finacial crisis for cover to make these large leaps to advance the agenda forward. People need to open their eyes and take off the rose colored glasses. There is nothing "free" for anyone in any of this whole gaggle of bills that they are trying to pass. They all have costs to all of us, maybe not in taxes directly, but including fewer jobs with lower pay because the rest of the money went to feed the federal governments insatiable appetite for power.

And this is not just a democrat issue either. There are plenty of republicans, both Bushes in my opinion, who I belive to be in the progressive movement. You cannot just vote for someone to run the country based solely on party affliation. When you pull that lever or coloer in that circle, you are giving your approval to give some of your freedom and prosperity to that individual to protect and nurture. And to do so without any clue of who that person is or what they stand for is unbelievably reckless. I know I have just gotten up on my soapbox again, but his stuff is too damn important to let it be. We all need to start acting like adults with grown up responsibilties when it comes to politics or we are condeming ourselves to this crap for a long long time.
This is CABL.com posting #264916. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbg40
Posted in reply to: Re: good idea but what is really the idea? by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message