Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Staple gun

Staple guns suck ass...The staples go thru the jacket destroying the integrity of the cable...Idiots use staple guns to attach cable to vinyl/aluminum siding which lasts all of 5 minutes...The staples go in too tightly and puts undo stress on the jacket and usually the shielding is compromised...MANY end up going thru the cable causing shorts...The staples pull out to easily...I think I have made my point even though there are those people out there reading this that think their shit doesn't stink and it could never happen to them...However if the are honest with themselves they will agree with what I am saying...

Look...There are cases that a staple gun can be justifiably used and when used correctly and not in a speed demonstration they can be rather effective...but only when performed by a professional (yea I know...everyone here is a professional...) ...But plastic rokas utilizing either nails for wood or screws for exterior siding and spaced correctly (every 18") is the preferred and accepted means of attaching cable to bldgs

I honestly haven't heard of a MSO allowing a staple gun anywhere in about 20 years...The chance of issues being caused  is just not worth the cost to repair not to mention the ill-will that is created when a customer is inconvienenced due to shoddy workmanship and non working service...

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #264809. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbg3h
Posted in reply to: Re: Staple gun by louie98
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Staple gun Werfer1 8/12/2009 10:24:59 AM
Re: Staple gun SATMAN/MEMPHIS 8/12/2009 8:35:23 AM
Re: Staple gun jmiller 8/12/2009 12:42:42 AM