Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: grounding

your the one with the first smart ass remark,,, i didn't tell the guy not to use ground blocks,, and all the extra crap was suppose to be an over kill remark, dah,,,, and if your setting ground rods as you stated, beware, its illegal for anyone to install a ground rod unless you are a licensed electrican,,in most states, (except the home owner) dont get your panies in such a waad,  but when you plug the receiver in to the 110 outlet, it is grounded, no need for a ground plug on receiver,  dah, again,,,,nec does not require any electrical unit, i.e. receivers, to have any other ground if they are equiped with internal grounding system to the electical outlet,,, now with all that said, your right, its a crapy way to do it by not protecting the receiver and the customer and also the dtv's reputation, i did not state do it that way, he was complaining about a retailer doing his own sales and installs doing it that way,, he's the one that will have all the call backs and problems from the customer, but legally the electrical unit , i.e. receiver, is grounded to the house unit when it is plung in, and so is the dish and lnb because it is wired with copper cable all the way,,, again a crapy way of protecting the equipment, but his choice , not mine or yours, i always put gr wire, if nothing else to protect my self from call backs and back charges, most of the time the m-switchs are not strong enough to take the surge anyway, maybe you'll get the easy (change out the m-switch ) service call on what that guy has installed, i'd take a dozen of them a day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again was not giving advice to the guy, if i was i would tell him to do it the right way , and be proud of his own work, not worry about other peoples work , it will come back to bite him someday
Rick Terrell
This is CABL.com posting #264662. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbg0U
Posted in reply to: Re: grounding by Splicer Life 4me
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: grounding dshdwg 8/12/2009 9:17:11 AM
Re: grounding Splicer Life 4me 8/10/2009 5:24:09 PM