Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Health Care In America

The sad part is that what they are proposing is not the most expensive part of the problem, lawyers. Doctors over test and medicate to shield themselves from lawsuits. And if something still goes wrong they sue for millions. I am not saying doctors dont make mistakes, but even what they do, the settlements are ridiculous. All of that money, even if it comes from an insurance co, adds to the cost of healthcare.

There is even a lawyer here, and this is a direct quote, who in his tv ads says "I will protect your most valuable right, your right to sue for money". There are alot of teaching hospitals and big pharmacutical companies in and around Philly. There have been lawsuits trying to change venue from the suburbs into the city courts because the lawyers know the verdicts tend to be bigger in the city than the counties. And nothing of what the idiots in congress are doing now address this because most lawyers are politicians and campaign contributors, so you cant piss them off.

Is it really too much to ask for an honest person to run for congress? The problem is well known as to what it is and no one wants to fix it for real because then there is no need for those whose sole job is to tell people health care needs to be fixed. I really wish more people would read and research the problem for themselves than sit back and be happy what they are going to get for "free".
This is CABL.com posting #264478. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgXW
Posted in reply to: Re: Health Care In America by thetyrone
There are 0 replies to this message