Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Defends Racial Profiling

While I can't say what it is like to be a black man in the u.s., I can say that where I am from things are way different from 25 years ago. I have native blood, but other than dark hair and eyes, and the ability to tan very dark I can't say I have ever noticed any discrimination against myself. I lived in miami, fl. from 69-78 and remember much of the change into a little havana and also vaguely remember race riots briefly in the 70's. I mostly grew up in very rural n. central florida with a very strong racist overtone. I never attended, but many adults around me were involved in certain organizations that are not very well received anymore. I joined the military and spent much of my time overseas or in southern california. I lived close quartered to a wide range of different back rounds and races and experienced cultures in no less than 14 other countries. Two of my closest friends were black, another a hawaiian. I learned that we all bleed the same but culturally have many different ideas and ways to live life. I have met and still know many bigots on both sides of the tracks. I say bigot rather then racist now as most I come across really don't grasp the idea that a "racist" really means one thinks their race is superior rather than just not liking someone because they don't like their lifestyle and coincidentally stereotyping based on skin color. I think circumstantially some profiling is necessary. And it does go both ways. Or many ways for that matter. I mostly consider myself white or at least that is what I mark on any form. Speaking of that, I think that in itself is something that is ridiculous to put on paperwork. My problems with the presbo are honestly color blind as I can't stand  or trust any of the pols. I guess what I am getting at is that although b.o. didn't come right out and say racist and you don't seem to be outright bigoted either but the overtones suggest a throw it in your face whitey mentality. I for one have changed and see the change around me. The 'you owe me something cause I'm black', whether it is something material or simple respect gets very offensive. Ego's are any mans biggest fault. I honestly believe the race issue is extremely propagandized as a devisive tactic. I believe many things that most will never even consider. That's how I see it.
This is CABL.com posting #263328. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgFo
Posted in reply to: Re: Defends Racial Profiling by thetyrone
There are 0 replies to this message