Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: They just don't care

and since I am here is the latest......Some are waking up. I am curous, why do they need a vacation. Aren't they only in session for 6 months? Woudn't vacation be during off session times. I guess I have to become a senator. Hell if I can't beat them..........

Congress goes on vacation with most Americans unhappy with the work it's doing these days.

A FOX News poll released Monday shows that 30 percent of voters say they approve of the job Congress is doing, while twice as many -- 60 percent -- disapprove. In May, 41 percent approved and 49 percent disapproved.

The drop in Congress' approval rating comes almost entirely from Democrats and independents. Some 42 percent of Democrats say they disapprove of Congress, up significantly from 25 percent two months ago (12-13 May 2009). Similarly, 66 percent of independents disapprove, while 53 percent said so in May. Disapproval among Republicans is essentially unchanged at 76 percent.

When asked to think ahead to the next congressional election, 43 percent of Americans say they are more likely to vote for the Democrat "to help Barack Obama pass his policies" and 38 percent for the Republican to provide a "check on Obama's power." The current 5 percentage point Democratic advantage is down from a 12-point edge earlier (12-13 May 2009).

Click here to see the full poll results.

The change tracks another of the poll's findings: More Americans identify themselves as Republicans in this survey than have since late last year.

In the current poll, by a 6 point margin, more voters say they are Democrats than Republicans: 40 percent call themselves Democrats, 34 percent Republicans and 24 percent independent/other. In May it was a 12 point margin, as 42 percent considered themselves Democrats and 30 percent Republicans.
This is CABL.com posting #262961. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgzt
Posted in reply to: Re: They just don't care by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message