Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Obama's 'Recalibrated' Insult

I don't think Tyrone is racist but defensive about race. There is a difference. I am also defensive about race. And I think he is trying to understand and comment on the subject by asking questions and making statements. Trying to get to the heart of the subject. This subject has many different facets and I don't think they are all going to come to a common point as many people are seeing this from different angles, hence the multi-faceted issue. I think the cop did not know the man was the home owner at first and Gates started with the anger, forgetting the cop has his and Gates' safety to think of. The cop also did not know if there was someone else in the house that Gates may not know about. Or was being told to say there was no one there. So as far as the Obama statement that when the cop knew it was Gates' house goes, when was that? When did he know? Before or after Gates started with his rant about how cops treat black people and "your momma" comments? The cop was doing his job in public safety and a man was treating him with anger for it. But I don't think Tyrone is being racist, he is one of the more balanced people here. No that is not a slam against you either. I also think you contribute to this forum in a positive manner.
This is CABL.com posting #262834. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgxq
Posted in reply to: Re: Obama's 'Recalibrated' Insult by Polehiker
There are 0 replies to this message