Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Gates Case: When Disorderly Conduct is a C

In my opinion, the cop was just doing his job. He didn't know if the person he confronted was the home owner or a crook. He was also under the impression that there was another suspect in the house or on the property. For the proffesor to get in a huff, as in "don't you know who I am" for being questioned as to his right to be in the house showed a bit of elitism. Especially when you consider the house had been broken into recently. Cops have a tough job and never know when a situation can go from normal everyday call to a shootout that leaves his family fatherless. I understand about profiling and it's not right  but seriously if that happens to me I'd probably be a bit pissed off at first but would be thankful in the end that if someone was actually breaking in to my house that the cop was there to stop it in progress. The cop didn't seek out this confrontation as would a cop who pulled over someone for D.W.B. would have.He was responding to a breaking and entering call and no one can know what the outcome of a call like that will be.It IS his job to take contol of the situation however. I hear that there is a tape of the confrontation made by the cop by keying the mic on his radio and recorded by dispatch. If that is true and it is released it would clear up alot. However for the president to interject the way he did without knowing any facts was flat out wrong. Just goes to show his prejudices, to automatically take the opposite side of law enforcment, as most "community organizers" seem to do.
This is CABL.com posting #262712. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgvs
Posted in reply to: The Gates Case: When Disorderly Conduct is a Cop's by thetyrone
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: The Gates Case: When Disorderly Conduct is a C Gwester843 7/25/2009 10:10:05 PM