Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What If

There are mission fields, the world over, where the Gospel is being preached, souls being saved, and discipled. Your right, you are going to go with whatever is taught to you, until you take the time to study it out. To truly seek the truth, going in unbiased and open minded. I was raised Catholic and thought what I was being taught was the "right" way. Then I started wondering the same thing, "how can I honestly say what I believe is even true, much less "the" right way of worshipping. I decided to research and take the time to educate myself, because after all, my soul lies in the balance if what I believe is true, so that in itself makes it more than worth while to check out. Along the way, my eyes were opened to the Truth. I guess that is why I promote Lee Stroble's literature so much, because he was a die hard aethiest setting out to prove to his wife she was crazy and following after fairy tales, and through the course of doing so, came to know the Truth. I praise God that He loved me enough to save my wretched soul, and it's not just "fire insurance" it is a true relationship that I don't know how I ever lived without and would never want to again.  That is what people in some countries are dying for, because they have that relationship and know it is worth dying for. Your right, some nations are harder to reach because that is what they know. I used to think that God presented Himself in different ways, to different cultures, and manifested Himself accordingly, but I now know that not to be true. I don't have all the answers, but I do know what God has done in my life and how I came to truly know Him, and I don't down anyone for what they believe. It does sadden my heart to know that there are those who will suffer eternal seperation from a loving, merciful God, in fact, some in my own family, but I love them just the same. I was there myself, and for a LONG time. Too long.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #262530. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgsw
Posted in reply to: Re: What If by rc_satellite
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What If danimal 7/24/2009 8:23:55 PM