Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can broadband internet be ran through the same

Yes you can do this with Diplexers yadda yadda Ect ect. But will it work to the fullest and be worth a crap ? NO>

Forget all the other regs and each systems unique "rules" Here is a short list as to why it isn't smart to do.

- IF you figure out the freq. It will probably change in a week. With all the new Dquams, CPE, and Ect coming into the market Cable company's are constantly changing Modem freq ec, ect.

-In 95 % of the cases where I saw someone do this... Usually there is an angry Line Tech knocking on the door a week later asking for access due to Noise coming back on the return and causing Intermittent phone/Modem issues.

-Leakage. If you have a CLI program in the system , it will be flagged . Most of the times it back feeds and cause's a huge leak that gets picked up.

The biggest issue here is unless you have access to view the cable companies return. (Spectrum analyzer, Pathtrack) You shouldn't do this. With the return getting more and more crowded the return is more important than ever. Its all about the return these days. Most of the equip that is listed in this thread will work to a point but just Blast and destroy the return. It may work for a while but you will have high flaps, packet loss and just plain crappy service that will be tracked down and disco'd by a grumpy Line Tech like myself.

I think you need to look down a different path. ( Contacting the landlord or talking to someone in the cable company that knows a little more. Find a Line tech from that Cable company and ask him.
This is CABL.com posting #261928. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgiO
There is 1 reply to this message