Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: gotta love Ted

The girl was 17....in many states an adult. Not morally ok in my book. But his politics are ok with me and I love his music. Not many better guitar players either. I am proud of him for not doing drugs...wish I could say the same for some.

Nugent never did drugs or drank heavily. He says his addiction was women.
His first band was The Amboy Dukes. They had a hit in 1968 with "Journey To The Center Of The Mind."
At the peak of his popularity, he went broke due to poor financial management. ( he was ripped off by his accountant who fled)
He had a relationship with a 17-year old Hawaiian girl when he was 30. He became her legal guardian in order to comply with laws regarding relationships with minors. (hardly adopting her)
Nugent is an avid hunter and outspoken supporter of the right to bear arms. He frequently appears on television discussions on these issues, usually making inflammatory comments that rile the other guests.
He had 2 children with his first wife, who died in a car accident after their divorce.
His nickname is "The Motor City Madman." He's from Detroit.
A relentless live performer, by 2009 he had played over 6000 concerts, spending a great deal of time wearing only a loincloth on stage. (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)
He is on the board of directors of The National Rifle Association, although he usually goes hunting with a bow and arrow. He eats everything he kills. (thanks, Tom - Trowbridge, England)
Ted appeared as a drug dealer on the season two Miami Vice episode "Definitely Miami." Later that season his song "Little Miss Dangerous" was used to open a Vice episode of the same name. (thanks, Matt - Pittsburg, KS
This is CABL.com posting #261919. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgiF
Posted in reply to: Re: gotta love Ted by blur
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: gotta love Ted skidmark 7/21/2009 3:29:57 PM