Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New guy

Thank you sir......And you are right, I did "luck up" and find a decent contractor to work for.  Like most of my brothers out there....i had to get burned a couple times before I found good people to run with.  Every one of my team members can tell you the same horror stories.....but since we love what we do and the money can be great.....we stuck it out and fell in the right place.  This is no business for burnout.  I have been physically burned out because I've run non stop for weeks at a time running 16 hour days.....but mentally, I still want to run.  As for our pay, DishNetwork pays us in tiers depending on completion rate, repeat service calls (TC12's), on time stats, etc.  As long as we stay in the Gold Tier, we get 80/10 on Installs and Movers, 40 on Upgrades, and 30 on Service calls. It all works out to a pretty decent check every week.
Anyhow....again, I thank you for your comments.  As for anyone considering the business.....don't burnout because of dishonest contractors.....keep looking and don't give up.  To me, this is a very rewarding career and I meet lots of great people who make my job worthwhile.  And my team members are among the best I have ever worked with.....If someone is slipping and needs help, one of the others will come in and do what needs to be done.  What more could you ask for?
This is CABL.com posting #261905. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgir
Posted in reply to: Re: New guy by polkster
There are 0 replies to this message