Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Tell it like it is Andy

But you can't deny there are people out there who are trying to use skin color to get things out of the government for free, Do you remember the "forty acres and a Bentley" nonsense a few years ago? I am only second generation born in the states. I was not here for any of slavery, I understand it was wrong, and that the US was one of the last countries to ban it, but when this country was founded it was common place world over. It still exists in one form or another to this day. Also a great number of whites fought and died to end it.

I am not saying it should be swept under the rug or making excuses for it, but in todays day and age, there is very little chance of outright racial discrimination, there are way to many lawyers waiting to pounce on it. Do you really believe there is any reasons to still have affirmative action today? And why is the old saying of two wrongs don't make a right apply to this matter. I personnally applied for a job with the City of Philadelphia, passed all of the tests and went for my interview and was told to my face " don't expect to get this job, you are the wrong color". Because I am white, why should I have to accept that either. Slavery ended over 130 years ago and we have come a long way from the 1960's, can we finally put this to rest and, no pun intended, all just get along without people like David Duke and Jesses and Al trying to put up racial fences just to keep themselves relevent?
This is CABL.com posting #260218. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfRe
Posted in reply to: Re: Tell it like it is Andy by thetyrone
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Tell it like it is Andy thetyrone 7/6/2009 11:44:39 PM