Create your free account now! Sign up

Cap and trade bill an embarrassment

Cap and trade bill an embarrassment
The U.S. House of Representatives just passed the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, or cap-and-trade bill. During the campaign, this quote by Barack Obama was released, speaking on cap-and-trade: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"--this coming from a man who belongs to the party who supposedly cares about the little person.

I would like to point out what a miserable embarrassment the passing of the bill was in so many ways, besides the fact that it was a job-killer and burden for families all in the name of reversing 'global warming' or 'climate change'.

One embarrassment was the Pelosi delays. This vote was delayed and delayed while Queen B. Pelosi--you can decide for yourself what the B stands for--and her allies ran around the House floor trying to get enough votes to pass the bill. Voting was originally scheduled for morning and ended up happening later in the evening.

Another outrageous embarrassment was the fact that there was only one copy of the 1,201-page bill that all 435 members of Congress had to share. Do you think anyone bothered to read it?

Democrat Representative Pat Kennedy, who was supposed to be stuck in rehab, was transported to Washington to vote for the bill.

My favorite part of the day was when Representative Tom Price asked for a moment of silence dedicated to the millions who would lose their jobs if this bill becomes law. Queen B. Pelosi turned down that request immediately.

Finally, I was stunned to learn that the night before the vote, a three hundred-page amendment was added to the bill. When Representative Joe Barton asked to see the one copy of the bill sitting on the desk to check out this amendment, Representative Markey, a co-sponsor of the bill, would not allow it!

Who reading this is proud of their government?!

Johnny Richardson
Ogden

This is CABL.com posting #259920. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfMq
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Cap and trade bill an embarrassment JD42596 7/4/2009 3:32:12 PM
Re: Cap and trade bill an embarrassment sab3r 7/4/2009 2:03:08 PM