Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: entry level

First off let me apologize for the idiots that seem to have to ALWAYS add their negative two cents in 

The industry is still doing very good. Yes, if you aren't a complainer and can listen rather than talk while you are being taught you will make very good money. No, it's not the money that it use to be but it is anywhere from average to very good money. If you have time management skills and half a brain you will be better than average. If you choose to take personal phone calls and try to install at the same time then yep, keep doing what you are doing. 

This business has many avenues. You can learn how to splice, do the sales/install gig like I do. The biggest thing you just have to be willing to learn and have an open mind. The money is not always at the major MSO's (cable companies), if you look around there are several small cable operators that treat an installer very good. I chose to go that route after being spit on and treated like complete garbage from the Cox's and the Comcast's. 

This website is full of information and crap loads of knowledge. Most of these guys have been doing cable for 20 plus years. You can tell the ones that are making the money and the one's that aren't by their attitude. If you have a crappy attitude and always think you are getting screwed than you probably will. 

Welcome to cable and good luck.. If you need help finding a quality company in Houston, I can help.. There is so much work here, I've never seen anything like it. Again if you need help PM me.
This is CABL.com posting #259365. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfDt
Posted in reply to: Re: entry level by islandcable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: need your opinion advancedvisionte 8/25/2009 9:11:09 PM