Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Obama Is A Coward!!!!

I will look this up chris...it wasn't that way when I read it...as I remember he wouldn't commit to an order and then took credit for it after the fact. I will get the info I remember and let you know. Not tonight though.

Ok I found a lot of news giving him the credit after the fact but they are all liberal outlets like CBS, ABC and so on. Of course they are going to give the facts that make it look like he did give the command. During the incident though they had a chance to take them and he did nothing. He also said not to do anything unless the captain's life was in danger. Well anytime anyone is kidnapped their life is in danger. When a gun is being held to your head I consider that 'in danger'.  And ultimately he gave the order but 4 days? And he had a chance once? How many times does a hostage get away and then get recaptured and live? He was lucky and Obama didn't know what to do because he was worried about his political outlook. Not about the captain. Just my opinion though.

After four days of floating at sea on a raft shared with four Somali gunmen, Richard Philips took matters into his own hands for a second time. With the small lifeboat in which he was being held captive being towed by the American missile destroyer USS Bainbridge, and Navy Special Warfare (NSWC) snipers on the fantail in position to take their shots at his captors as soon as the command was given, the captive Captain of the M.V. Maersk-Alabama took his second leap in three days into the shark-infested waters of the Indian Ocean.

This diversion gave the Navy Special Warfare operators all the opening they needed. Snipers immediately took down the three Somali pirates still on board the life raft, SEAL operators hustled down the tow line connecting the two craft to confirm the kills, and a Navy RIB plucked Philips from the water and sped him to safety aboard the Bainbridge, thus ending the four-day-and-counting hostage situation.

Philips’s first leap into the warm, dark water of the Indian Ocean hadn’t worked out as well. With the Bainbridge in range and a rescue by his country’s Navy possible, Philips threw himself off of his lifeboat prison, enabling Navy shooters onboard the destroyer a clear shot at his captors — and none was taken. The guidance from National Command Authority — the President of the United States, Barack Obama — had been clear: a peaceful solution was the only acceptable outcome to this standoff unless the hostage’s life was in clear, extreme danger.

The next day, a small Navy boat approaching the floating raft was fired on by the Somali pirates — and again no fire was returned and no pirates killed, thanks again to the cautious stance assumed by Navy personnel due to the combination of a lack of clear guidance from Washington, and a mandate from the Commander in Chief’s staff not to act until Obama, a man with no background of dealing with such issues and no track record of decisiveness, decided that any outcome other than a “peaceful solution” would be acceptable.

After taking fire from the Somali kidnappers again Saturday night, the on-scene commander decided he’d had enough. Keeping his authority to act in the case of a clear and present danger to the hostage’s life, and having heard nothing from Washington since yet another request to mount a rescue operation had been denied the day before, the Navy officer — unnamed in all media reports to date — decided the AK-47 one captor had leveled at Philips’ back was a threat to the hostage’s life, and ordered the NSWC team to take their shots.

Three rounds downrange later, all three brigands became enemy KIA, and Philips was safe.
This is CABL.com posting #258813. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfuz
Posted in reply to: Re: Obama Is A Coward!!!! by lazarust326
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Obama Is A Coward!!!! lazarust326 6/26/2009 4:17:20 PM