Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I'm confused

who said we should have bailed them out? I do not worship the elected people in the office like they walk on water. As a matter of fact, if the founding fathers were alive today, they would be starting the second American War of Independance in my opinion.

I respect the Constitution which this country is founded on.  The same congress that allowed the banking changes that allowed the sub prime mess is now supposed to be the white knoght going to save us. Look at the people brought in to 'advise' the gov't. Most are ex wall streeters.

These clowns in government and the wall street crowd are one in the same. How many congressmen are not millionaires who take lobbiest money and pass bills for their friends, republicans and democrats alike. Our own president tells us to tighten our belts and that CEO's can't go to Vegas on corperate jets and then takes a 3 corporate jet trip to NYC for a night out. He paid for dinner and the show and the price of 2 first class tickets and we the tax payer paid the rest.

And when one of them stand up for their beliefs, ie Joe Lieberman, he gets shanked by the party. I have no problem respecting the government as soon as they earn it, and none of the current circus deserve it. I don't want to save one republican or democrat.

When all of the rehetoric about the government stepping iin and making the banks give more loans to the 'average person' were you complaining about it? Now that it blew up in our faces you are trying to blame it on republicans alone. Barney Frank, D mass, started the campaign for sub prime, a republican wrote the act repealing the law preventing it and BILL CLINTON signed it into law. In the picture of the signing ceremony, I don't see George Bush hold a gun to Clintons head. I agree that the republicans have guilt in the current mess, but your statement that they were alone is nonsense. Look it up yourself,  the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. 2 years before Bush.

Obama is giving away a whole bunch of shiney new toys bought on a credit card with all of our names on it. At the end of his term, the interest only loan that the government has, you know just like sub prime mortgages, will have an interest payment of 1 trillion per year. And social security will be that much closer to bk. This is all nuts. You can believe this silly nonsense about republicans but look for yourself, which party has more of the top ten richest members, and which party has more past Wall Street guys, and here is a hint, it ain't republicans.
This is CABL.com posting #258648. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfrU
Posted in reply to: Re: I'm confused by linedawg
There are 0 replies to this message