Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: No freedom of speech with the extreme liberals

The media stopped being investigative/exposing reporters on the national level long ago. To suggest the media can't be controlled is not only naive it is assinine. Occasionally local news stations still uncover dirty little secrets and do the best with honest reporting. That's until the corporate parent companies see a slant that is not aligned with their personal views..Then quickly shut down the story. Many times I have seen something come across the a ticker or reported once only (accidently) then hardly mentioned again. So called main stream media outlets are corporations and like any corporation is responsible to others to make a profit. They have become propaganda outlets and are losing their asses across the board. Their reporting has become so rediculously biased it is hardly news at all. Furthermore, you say they can't be controlled but just look at who owns them and what their politics are.. turner,soros,bloomberg etc... I personally think fox started out well intentioned but nowadays are so hard right that alot of the times they are just as disgusting if not more than the left.. I cannot stand o'reilly btw. Here nor there, just like this bar, if you buy every word without research then who is the fool? Most mainstream news come from one or two sources a.p.,reuters etc. then is spewed with clear bias. There are more info outlets now with the internet and much more first hand knowledge these days. To suggest that the media can't be controlled does have weight though because of the reasons I just mentioned. That said, if you just turn on cnn,fox,msnbc, the news is there but must be read between the lines. Then followed up with searches for more info if one cares enough to understand truth. Most have become so lazy and ignorant they are so easily led to the trough. Too bad the water is poison.. One example you can relate to: sen. bill nelson recently stated "we will not stand for offshore drilling here in fl as this will absolutely devistate our state tourism and will make no difference to our dependence on foreign oil"(paraphrasing) That is clearly a biased statement and has no truth to it in many different views. That is all you will here about it from abc news and most would subliminally be convinced without question or flipping the coin. Too lazy to flip the coin... baaahhhh! Fuckin sheep.. I could continue but enough said.
This is CABL.com posting #257952. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfgG
Posted in reply to: Re: No freedom of speech with the extreme liberals by Gwester843
There are 2 replies to this message