Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: An Open Letter to our Nation's Leadership

I do not expect everyone to agree with anything I say, but it is my right to say it. Personally, I would like some moniker of civility and manners in what is said on this forum, but there is no Constitutional guarentee to never be offended and never hear off color crude language. So in that respect, you get what you give Gwester.

Now, with that said, I am not a supporter of Obama's policies at all, I don't make any bones about it. Why was the 787 billion dollar stimulus passed without anyone possibly having read it? Obama himself said this had to be passed today or else the country will crumble . Yet through all of the theatrics, it sat for 3 or four days before he signed it and less than 10% has been used to date. That qualifies as an emergency and imminent need? And now after the bill is done and it has been looked at you come to find the vast majority of the money will be spent around the primary and general elections. I am sure it is just an isolated incidence. Any one who wants to change the basic fabric of this country and spend as much money as the current administration has to expect there is going to be dissent and had better be ready to justify it in detail. I have yet to see the evidence that what they are doing has had any effect other than running up a huge deficit.

And why is it not a giagantic flashing warning sign, that as you said the foreign banks said pay up. that there is a problem with our debt being so high. Your own words contridict you. Most of our debt is foreign owned, and most of the "down payment" for healthcare will be too. So 634 billion is the principal amount, who much do you think the interest on the money is going to be and we the people have to pay for it ( so much for free ).

I did not become politically active just because Obama became president. I gave the Bush administration an ear full too. I have been too local campaign stops for candidates and asked questions they didn't like either. The township I live in is republican, and I gave them crap for replacing the vil fire department and spending over a million to do it. I do not care if you are dem, rep or ind. Right is right, wrong is wrong. The pols want a compliant citizenery, be we are under no obligation to give it to them. Even if you agree with a policy on its face, we still have a right to know the who, what, when, why and how because most politicians can't be trusted unchallenged.

The reason I posted this letter was because I agree with it. There is a web petition circulating with it and signed, put my name address and phone number to it too. I am not ashamed or afraid of your threatened repercussions in any way shape or form. You have your beliefs, I have mine.
This is CABL.com posting #257838. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfeQ
Posted in reply to: Re: An Open Letter to our Nation's Leadership by Gwester843
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: An Open Letter to our Nation's Leadership Gwester843 6/18/2009 10:39:39 PM