Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: State Run Media

All that this is, is a one hour infomercial for the president and the democrats. Healthcare is a campaign promise that dems have been making forever and they cant figure out how to get it done. The news media, other than talk radio, is in financial trouble and if you remember not long ago were asking for bailouts and nonprofit status, so pardon me if we question ABC's journalistic integrity in this show.

The bottom line for healthcare still remains, it is going to be wildly expensive and we can't pay for it. Obama tells you that he does not want to end private insurance but then good 'ol Nancy starts talking about taxing company paid insurance but not the government one. I am sure no one will bail on private insurance and go to the gov't one then. He speaks of how because he deemed it true, he can save 300+ billion out of medicare and medicaid once the new plan starts. If this is true, why are we waiting to pass this bill, start saving taht money right now. This is all nonsense. Any major change like this is a long process. As soon as a politicain starts saying we have to pass this right away because the country will fail tomorrow if we don't, red flags go up all over the place. You don't want your brain surgeon to go rushing in with no clearly defined plan to fix something, why are we going to let congress do the exact same thing to another industry, healthcare.

I get a kick out of them offering the bribe to the AMA that they will look at tort reform after healthcare is passed. But yet you do not hear the trial lawyers, you know those right wingers who overwhelmingly donate to democrat candidates, screaming at the top of their lungs. Gee that doesn't make me wonder about back room dealing does it?

Something this large and complex cannot be taken lightly. If it is truly the ultimate way to go, congress and the president should not be afraid of full and open disclosure including the details of how it is going to be paid for. I would like to see a provision in the bill that mandates that if the actual costs come in higher than projected, and we all know they will, congress has to cut costs out of the non military budget and not raise taxes to bring the budget back into line. For they know once they pass this monster, there is no going back, they are counting on it. But in the end, we are paying for it.
This is CABL.com posting #257713. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfcP
Posted in reply to: Re: State Run Media by Gwester843
There are 0 replies to this message