Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Biden

What you say is all true. But think about this, if you keep taking away larger and larger chunks of income from those who are in that 10% and give it to the government, why will they continue to produce jobs and companies that end up not making them any rewards in the end. Just like the comment Reagan made about making 2 movies over 3, why would an investor build a new factory if all it will do is raise his tax % even higher than it is now and end up being a wash for him. Why take the risk with no reward?

Also lets be perfectly honest, those in the lower income brackets, wich includes myself, use far more gov't services than those in the top. I don't mean access to talking to a pol, but the everyday services ie trash collection, social services etc. The original set up of the country was everyone payed equal taxes, if one person had to pay one dollar every one paid one dollar. Look at it now.

And I also don't believe the Constituition gives the federal government the authority to redistribute wealth, and if it does, please inform me where it is locatedin the document.

Too many people want to sit back, take a job with a company, work for 40 years, get a gold watch and retire. But the flip side of that coin is someone took all of the risk too make that happen. Someone got the money to build the factory and install of of the equipment, maintain it , market the good or service, update the plant and product lines to stay current and deal with all of the regulation that comes down from government. It is not just the owner takes all the money without a care in the world. And don't give me the BS that the little guy can't get anywhere because big business keeps them down. I started my own company with 5000.00 back in 1994 and used it to buy the ugliest old knickle boom bucket truck in the world. I worked at it and the company did 7 figures a year for years within 4 years. I am no Mastec or Dycom but I did my job right, wasn't out there doing stupid crap like illegal drops and hot boxes and in my 20'2 had a direct contract to multiple MSO's. And my family was not the ones who funded me, Dad was a cop and Mom was a secreatary and I didn't have a trust fund. If I wanted it, I went and got it.

The times weren't always easy, I got really sick and almost died a bunch of times. I still struggle with the illness today and have learned it will follow me for ever until it finally catches me in the wrong place at the wrong time. I lost everything once because of it too,house, cars all of it, but that is not the 'elites fault or problem either. I sat down with the wife, figured out what I needed to change to work around my problem and went back to work doing exactly what I did the first time and to day I am this close to getting a deal worked out that makes the first one seem like a paper route. Not because I cried and demanded the rest of the world needs to give to me, because I wanted it and was willing to take the risk to get the reward. And that is what it comes down to. There are some tweaks that can be made to the current system to level it out some. I am a huge proponet of the Fair Tax or Nation Sales Tax. I am for term limits, makes it harder and more expensive to get into a politicians pocket if he is only going to be there a short while. There are others but you get the idea.

So I guess it comes down to if you want it, are you willing to go and get it.
This is CABL.com posting #257574. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfaA
Posted in reply to: Re: Biden by lazarust326
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Biden sab3r 6/16/2009 10:51:39 PM