Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: More government in private business

This is scary stuff. It really does again show how progressives want to put themselves in postitions of more and more power. And again I would like to know the part of the Constitution that allows congress to set anyones pay rate. Better yet, when do they set up an outside group to discuss congress's pay rates because right now, unlike business which has a board of directors which sets them, congress sets and approves their own pay. Congress should be paid based on the long term health of the country, which they preside over, shouldn't they? Dont perform to the taxpayers satisfaction, don't get paid. Another similiarity is congress is paid with taxpayer money too. So I wonder when Mr Franks is going to set up an independent, citizen staffed board to monitor and adjust congressional pay. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

And all of this social engineering stuff, and that is exactly what this is, has been tried before. FDR pushed a whole buch of it through in the name of ending the depression. You can't legislate morality. These companies on the government teet right now should never have been there. It is why the BK courts exist. What gave congress the right to meddle in private companies affairs? Congress has been ripping up the Constitution in plain sight for years but latly they have been going to new lows evwn for them. But if you are  honest with yourself you have to realize 2 things about all of the progressive movements plans under FDR

A) Alot of it has been removed by later congress's and overturned by the courts
B) The policies did not end the depression, World War II did.

This whole progressive movement is moving forward right now at break neck speed because the politicians have the cover of the financial crisis, just like FDR. Everyone is so focused on their wallets, there is more of a chance to push through programs and laws and no one will notice. You know like the 1700 page porkulus bill that passed 9 or 10 hours after it was written. The wording of it is longer than War and Peace for crying out loud, and I defy anyone to read AND understand that in a night. If that manuver did not make everyone not trust congress, what is it going to take?

But here is one more spin on things. This has the look of trying to control not the amount of money, but WHO has it. People of money can use it on a myriad of things, boats, planes, cars etc. But it can also be used to hire lobbists and fund PAC's, like the NRA, which not may always be to congress's liking. Cut off the pay money, cut off the contributions. I was speaking with someone yesterday whose political skills and thoughts are astounding and he laid out this logic and the more thought I put into it the more it fits. This "panel" congress wants to create can grant exceptions, it leaves the door open for abuse, to pick and choose who you to get an exception and who doesn't. And who is going to pick the panel, a dem controlled congress. And once started, how do you end it?

Before too awful long people are going to have to take a break from going to the mall and pay attention on how the government is taking over their lives. None of this is by chance or coincidence, this is planned out from stem to stern. The only thing that can stop it is a pissed of citizenery.
This is CABL.com posting #257184. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbe4i
Posted in reply to: More government in private business by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: More government in private business Cowboy3939 6/12/2009 6:58:03 PM