Create your free account now! Sign up

bad to be me

Hey ya'll let me tell ya all a brief story. Worked in the installs side of the marine sector for the past 10 plus year. Installed everything, well ain't nothing like getting shafted no matter how good a job I did or how much the ships reps liked my professionalism I still would never recieve calls back for future projects. Well ok thats fine some would say maybe they found some new help. They did in respect the new crews are from Poland they enter the United States and Canada on false terms. For example on cruise ships they are listed as passengers they are hired buy contractors working and doing business within the United States and Canada. No sour grapes here but when I did great work and these guys are coming here and doing poor substandard work which has been noted on several occassions. The list of infractions is long enough to write a novel on. Thats bad real bad....

I guess why wouldn't the contractors use these guys when you only have to pay them mere change. I heard one of the polish techs one time say he makes $ 9 an hour. Amazing... he was classed as a project manager imagine what the ordinary tech is making, nothing. Just my thoughts of somethin thats really annoyed me for years now. How can I or you compete with $9 bucks an hour for splicing and technical engineering work. I can't....

All the best...Cableflunky

This is CABL.com posting #256662. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeVS
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: bad to be me fundude101 6/7/2009 3:05:29 PM