Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hold your ground and get a license

I've repeated my self over and over during the past few years stating that charge backs are a form of revenue for cable, satellite, etc.  The MSO's and others have realized that they can increase the number of and profit from charge backs by simply lowering payout which increases profit 2 fold. One by simply reducing cost per install, and two it forces the good techs out and assures that the primes will have to hire any chimp with opposable thumbs on a hit and miss basis if they want to continue to stay in business.

Well trained, knowledgeable, seasoned techs are simply no longer really wanted in the industry. The only charge backs I have ever been hit with have been for CPE going bad after the install (which I have disputed and won) and a couple of customers not rebooting the modem after they add in their own router (again, disputed and won). If you really know wtf you are doing, and actually stand up for yourself most primes don't even want to talk to you. Even at 50 years old I can still run circles around most of the Noobs out there.
This is CABL.com posting #256652. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeVI
Posted in reply to: Re: hold your ground and get a license by C.HAROLD
There are 0 replies to this message