Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hold your ground and get a license

I find it almost comical that we keep cutting each others throats year after year.  Just like Apsecomm said "the price should rise with the cost of living".  Unfortunately, we are the ones that ruined the satellite industry.  We allowed the corporations to dictate what they would pay, rather than negotiate a fair price.  Once they realized that satellite guys suffer from extreme cases of low self esteem, they cut our throats.  If you let them, they will cut your throat everytime.  A corporations sole resaon for existence is to turn a profit.  They don't care where they get the profit.  It can be you, the customer it doesn't matter.

Bottom line is, if you refuse to do the work for the crap they are paying (that means everybody) they will have to raise the rates to accomodate for it.  But it will never happen because their is always some low-life out their willing to get out of bed and work for free.  I just don't get it.

I've been in this industry for over 20 years. The one thing that you've got to remember is that you have a skill that most people do not have.  Everytime, you're writing up an invoice and you start to short yourself money, look down at the customers VCR and see that it's been blinking 12:00 since 1983. 

Charge what your worth.  If you're a hack, charge hack prices.  If you're good at your job charge for it.  If price mattered Ferrari would have been out of business a long time ago.

And when you enter into a contract, it's not a job application.....learn how to negotiate. 

This is CABL.com posting #256648. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeVE
Posted in reply to: Re: hold your ground and get a license by thetyrone
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: hold your ground and get a license thetyrone 6/7/2009 3:46:55 PM
Re: hold your ground and get a license C.HAROLD 6/7/2009 8:45:53 AM