Create your free account now! Sign up

Value Added Tax

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/26/AR2009052602909.html

This is a sales tax on everything, goods and services, food, fuel, housing, cars, literally everything, and they are talking about a 25% tax. This unlike the fair tax is in ADDITION to the income tax. The fair tax was to be about 25 to 30 % and that would have been enough to replace the entire tax structure in place now. So in effect they are sending up a test ballon to double the federal tax burden. Even though they deny they are going to do this, does anyone believe this story hit the press for no reason. This is a trial ballon to see how much flack they get for bringing it up. It there is none or little, we will hear they crap about how it is our responsibliity to give more to help out. Bullshit.

When are we going to make the politicians understand we don't want more government, we want less. The solution to the deficit is not to tax more it is to spend less. These people in DC don't live in a world grounded in reality. They are making 174000 a year, get a raise every year, have a pension plan we all would die for, medical coverage that they don't pay a dime into and they get it all for life after serving one day. Then they receive all kinds of graft from lobbiests ie meals, trips and tickets to sporting events.

But after all the bs about how health care will be funded by savings alone, we get this mess. And, so much for that no one making less than 250,000 a year will see a tax increase. Because I don't know about you, but I make less than 250 k and I have to buy goods and services, so I will be paying an extra 25% to the federal government. That sure as hell sounds like a tax hike to me. But what do I know, I am only Joe Peion who actually has to pay to run the bullshit these morons come up with. We all need to remember this country is a republic. We all have a say in its operation despite what move on . org wants to tell us.
This is CABL.com posting #255875. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeJb
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Value Added Tax tech! 5/30/2009 3:54:01 AM
Re: Value Added Tax johndunn 5/29/2009 1:53:18 PM