Create your free account now! Sign up

God Balances Guilt With Blame.

Principle #10
God Balances Guilt With Blame. Accept The Blame For Your Actions And God Will Remove the Guilt.

As a young man trying to get away from the strongholds of my addictions, I sought the counsel and help of people in secular programs. Time and time again, they searched for hidden meaning in my behavior. They explained how my rebellion and desire to please myself was most assuredly to be blamed on my parents, that I had been forced into my sin by what they referred to as bad surroundings. Many in society today are teaching us to shift the blame for our shortcomings on our parents, our upbringing, our economic background, our race, our minority status and many other things. By shifting the blame to others, it temporarily removes the guilt.
You see, God designed us with a spiritual equilibrium. When we commit sin, we experience guilt and it throws our spirit off-balance with our emotions. When society teaches us to shift the blame (or if we naturally shift the blame), we actually can circumvent that off balance feeling of guilt temporarily. However, when the sin returns, the guilt is so much worse. Our feelings of failure increase to even higher levels. God’s design is to administer guilt through His Spirit that lives within the believer. That guilt needs to be released and God designed a formula for that to happen. It is found in I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. What a beautiful promise! If, Big Word. If we do, He will. If we don’t, He won’t!! If we confess (proclaim to God) our sin, He is faithful (for sure, 100% of the time, over and over again) to forgive (full pardon) our sins. He doesn’t stop there. You see, we have been pardoned for our wrongdoing, but we are not cleaned from it. We still have the guilty feeling. We must be cleansed of all unrighteousness. If my daughter got dressed for Sunday school and then went outside and fell in the mud, I would not only forgive her for playing outside when it was raining and she was dressed for Sunday school. I would also clean her. I would give her a bath and all new clothes. Why? Because when I bring her to Sunday school, I don’t want anyone to know that she fell in the mud!! That is what God wants to do for us. He wants to give us a full pardon for everything we’ve done in the past and He wants to clean us up and put us in a new set of clothes. And He is faithful! That means He wants to do this every time we sin against Him. He loves us that much. So, today, accept the blame for what you have done in your life. Confess it to God and He will clean you up. Praise God!

Accept The Blame For Your Actions And God Will Remove the Guilt.

kid cable
This is CABL.com posting #255507. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeDf
There are 0 replies to this message