Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone taking bets on when someone goes postal

I totally agree with you thetyrone. I used to be a Directv sub owner and my QC guy used to make over $1,500 a week off of hack techs.  I made all of my techs sign an madatory QC chargeback addendum. Here how he got paid.

No Ground - $20 per job

No Mono-poles - $10 for each mono-pole not installed
2 mono-poles are to be used on ALL KA/KU jobs..

No Bishop Tape - $10 per dish.

No Silicone at entry points outside - $5 per entry point

No Wall Bushings(Plugs) at entry point inside -$5 per entry point

No weather boots – $1 per port where a cable lines connected

(6) Lag-bolts installed on ALL KA/KU dish mounts – ($3 per missing lag-bolt)
(2) Lag-bolts installed for each monopole

My QC tech would fix the problem and take before and after pictures of every job he fixed which was about 60% of the jobs he QC'd. I had to shut down because most of the "hacks" were losing more money than they were making because they were too lazy to do what they were paid to do. I would explain to the techs what if you took your 6 cyclinder car to get a tune up and the mechanic only changed 4 spark plugs, within 7 days you would be bringing your car back to the shop to get repaired (Service in 7). Between SIN7.SIN90, OTG (on time guarantees),inventory issues most subowners lose money when these chargebacks start filtering into the companies bottom line profits. We are not in the business to eat techs chargebacks. SHIT ROLLS DOWNHILL AND STOPS AT THE TECHS

No one has gone "POSTAL","DIGITAL" OR "CABLE" because at the end of the day they know that they deserved to get charged back.

There is a lot of money to be made in this industry but the "HACKS" make it bad for us real CABLEDAWGS to make a living.  

This is CABL.com posting #255449. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeCj
Posted in reply to: Re: Anyone taking bets on when someone goes postal by thetyrone
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Anyone taking bets on when someone goes postal califcamper 5/28/2009 2:22:32 PM
Re: Anyone taking bets on when someone goes postal Theoricablman 5/25/2009 9:17:03 PM
????????????????????? guerillasplicer 5/25/2009 8:41:57 PM