Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CarpleTunnel from cutting Fittings ???

This thread is ridiculous !!! If your talking about Thomas and Betts snap and seals, they are beyond easy to put on if you actually know what you are doing. When I used to interview guys who claimed they had been doing cable since before it was invented, I would hand them my tool pouch and a piece of rg6 and say "show me". More than half the time they would stare at me blankly, some would say they could only work with their tools, others would fumble and eff it up, 2 actually pulled out a box cutter from their pocket and proceeded to butcher the coax, and quite a few actually jumped to and did a proper job of it in seconds. When you tell me your putting on snap and seals and having a hard time of it I say your company needs to re-assess their training program or certification process prior to releasing you to go about and destroy the good work of men and women who built the plant your about to eff up.

And to the genious with the drill I hope your just kidding. But if not I know a better way to get the fittings on. Now see what you do is pull your pants down around your ankles, place the fitting between the cheeks of your arse with the end for the cable facing out. Then have your trainee hold the cable firmly with both hands as he runs at your arse full speed, making sure to aim carefully for the fitting. When you clench your cheek mucles in pain as he hits you from behind it will actually compress the fitting and presto chango you are ready for the next fitting.
This is CABL.com posting #255202. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeyk
Posted in reply to: Re: CarpleTunnel from cutting Fittings ??? by jmiller
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: CarpleTunnel from cutting Fittings ??? scottstrek 5/24/2009 9:55:15 AM
Re: CarpleTunnel from cutting Fittings ??? islandcable 5/22/2009 7:12:09 AM
Re: CarpleTunnel from cutting Fittings ??? Polehiker 5/22/2009 5:53:16 AM