Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Curious???? HughesNet

BadSeed,

Message me reguarding HughesNet.  The mail button is not working for me.  VSAT is defenately the way to go. 

Why run cables to multiple locations when you only need to run to one location?
Why not just run dual cable to one spot and make more?
Its just like running a single DVR.

The dish takes more time to align, but take away the time of running multiple locations its the only way to go.

I deal with HughesNet more than anything right now.  They do have an interesting setup process as far as downloading the software and configuring the customer computer to get the service.

In reality you can do an install in about 2-3 hours.

Now the .98 or the 1.2M dish for companies your looking at good cash money.  Might have to throw up a few blocks, but I have been paid hundreds of dollars per installs.  Some can go past 1,000.

The other is mobile satellite communications.  Theres demand but you have to look for it.  The economy has put this one down a bit.  If you can find em your looking at 1000 dollars just for the install then you also have your profit margin on it.  Keep in mind for that labor everything is standard.

Again your talking about 3 cables going to 1 location.

There is still money to be made out there.  Just expand on what you know.  I don't ever see me doing anything other than satellite.  Becides I like working on mobile command centers, RVs, Trucks, Commercial and the ocassional Residential customers.

But thats what I do because I love this industry and plan to take the backstabbers out.

I know I am not the best nor do I ever think I will.  I know what its like to go work for someone and instead of recieving a paycheck you recieve a bill.  Everyone in this industry in one time or another has been screwed and not paid by somebody.

These are sad truths to the industry.  You take the good with the bad.  Dealing with installation companies or subs not the brightest part of my day.  Dealing with the customer showing them how their system works and getting the royal treatment while im there makes it all worth while.

I worked down in So Cali for a little while and every 3 days I would get a 20 dollar tip from my customers.  There is no other industry that I know where you can walk up to a customer say

"Hi I'm Mike I am here to install your satellite today.  I would like to see where you want your system."  after them showing me I just say " Ok give me a few minutes so I can build a custom system to your house and I will let you know how I will install the system."  then I go and check everything out.  My favorate part is I tell the customer " This is how I am going to do your install.  Do you have any questions?"  The customer normally doesn't have any questions and I go and do my install.

Now I don't know of too many carrers you can go and tell the customer what you are going to do and end up walking out with a tip or an invite to a party of sort.

Directv made that easy especially for the super bowl parties.  There is money out there you just have to get it.

Well I think I wrote a long enough post.  Be interesting to see the responce.  Have a goodnight all I'm off to bed.

Thanks,
Mike
This is CABL.com posting #254756. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeq8
Posted in reply to: Re: Curious???? by Badseed
There are 0 replies to this message