Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here's to us

I remember riding my BMX bike for miles and miles.. I remember skateboarding before it was a multi billion dollar industry.. Stealing sheets of plywood from the local building site to build half pipes..  went swimming in the resevoir every day... Had a library card that I used on a regular basis..

I remember getting Comcast Cable in MD in 1982. Had the remote attached to the analog box with 10' of cable. Remote was a dial with 36 channels on it..  Watched the very first  music video on MTV.. The Buggles, Video Killed the Radio Star.

Its the little things that we look back on and smile and remember how good it was back then..  So I do feel fortunate to have experienced those days. I try to explain to my wife (10 yrs younger) how things were and she just laughs...lol I imagine when my daughter gets old enough she will laugh too and have no clue of how it was before technology ruled the world. Before Ipods and Mac Books... Before Facebook and My Space..  Ask any kid born after 1980 and its unfathomable that this time ever existed...hahaha     So make fun if ya want, but I still play air drums when I hear Boston's Foreplay/Longtime....lol  and I prolly always will
This is CABL.com posting #254198. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeh8
Posted in reply to: Re: Here's to us by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Here's to us LocoDawg 5/13/2009 9:11:56 PM