Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: at&t strike??

@Fiberrus
If you call keeping what I have so I can support my family of 4 and do not have to lose my house greedy, than so be it FiberRus. I guess you pegged me pal. I'll make sure when my kids ask why we are not eating, to let them know my company felt like they needed to pay daddy LESS while the bosses took 22 million $ bonuses. 
(They also get free healthcare for life)
Also, Thanks to all the real men out there who truly understand this topic and can look at both sides of this equaly. I too have been on the other end of this scenario.

"It ain't no fun when the rabbits got the gun"

Let me lay it out so you understand why we may go on strike.

HEALTH CARE – This Company proposal creates a two tier structure for Health Care, one for new hires and one for current employees. Both plans have high premiums, deductibles and out of pocket costs that the current plan does not have.
THE COMPANY STILL REFUSED TO DISCUSS ANY PLANS FOR CURRENT RETIREE HEALTH CARE.
WAGES - Company proposal does not include an increase in base wages for the first two years.
PENSIONS – Pension Protection Act will be applied to Lump Sum Pensions, which eliminates the GATT Rate and applies the Corporate Bond Rate. This will reduce Lump Sum Pensions taken after January 1, 2010.
PREMISE TECHNICIANS (Uverse Installers) - Company wants to increase work duties and have Premise Technicians perform work in a higher classification. Company refuses to treat Premises Technicians the same and apply the same work rules as other employees. 16$ hour max.
OVERTIME- increase assigned overtime above the current 9 and 12 hours.
OVERTIME- eliminate the assignment of overtime to volunteers first, SPECIFICALLY -- especially for double overtime.
LEVERAGED TITLES - This Company proposal would two tier Service Representative Work with 60/40 pay schedule which would put 40% of pay at risk based on sales. SALES PLAN CONTROLLED BY MANAGEMENT.
APPENDIX J PROPOSAL - From the Company applies to Premises Technicians and would no longer protect BENEFITS OR WORK RULES for those who took PT jobs due to surplus conditions. Worse in many ways then current Appendix J provisions.
Overtime for Premises Technicians - Would no longer include hours that were worked on a Sunday or Holiday where a premium pay applied. Those hours would not count toward the accumulation of 40 hours per week.
INFORMAL SURPLUS MOA – Company proposal does not include Appendix J Premises Technicians in this process.
APPENDIX D – ELIMINATE protection for Operator/Console Operation.
VACATION – ELIMINATE vacation carry-over.
FORCE ADJUSTMENT – Language would limit Force Adjustment to include only those employees who are actually at risk. No matching process for those employees who are in surplus group but not actually at risk.
NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL - Change to 9 pm to 6 am.
ILLNESS - All Employees will have at least one day of waiting before pay starts for illness.
PARTIAL SESSION - Eliminate payment for partial session illnesses.
HOLIDAY – Eliminate the day after Thanksgiving.
Eliminate coverage - Of expenses for future Retired Local Presidents to attend Joint Company/Union meetings. li>TEMPORARY FULL TIME (TFT’S) – CWA wants to have all TFT’s to remain on Payroll. We have been meeting in Sub-Committees for several weeks and still have not reached a resolution.
GRIEVANCES – MAJOR changes in current grievance contract language which allows only grievances that are subject to arbitration to be appealed to second step of the grievance procedure.
STOP THE CLOCK – stop the calculation on Grievant back pay during the time clock is stopped on grievances pending outcome of internal appeals.
UNPAID FMLA TIME OFF – Company will require substitution of contractual paid time off.
DELETE THE JOINT HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT COMMITTEE from the MOA on Strategic Alliance.
ON CALL – Expand On Call to any Work Group. If no volunteers Company could require employees to be On Call.

All of these are TAKEBACKS.
Sorry for long post . This needs to be said .
Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
This is CABL.com posting #254012. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbee8
Posted in reply to: Re: at&t strike?? by deleted
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: at&t strike?? cabledog 5/11/2009 10:14:18 PM
Re: at&t strike?? deleted 5/11/2009 3:54:32 PM