Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: install satellite or cable

It all depends on your area and the rate the company wants to pay per install. the prices on my end have went up over the past 6yrs from 55/20 to 90/25 per install. The best thing to do is learn the right way to install and cover work when it is to be covered with high customer service ratings and good paper work. Yeah there is the fees of cable and other materials, fiberglass ladders $2-300, birdog (or other) $2-700, fishing tools $50-150, Drill and bits $150-500, General liability insurance $245-1000/yr, GAS $50-200/week (depending on vehicle and coverage), and a few more expenses. Most are one time fees and perks to make an install easier and quicker. Once you get started the waiting for a month for pay doesn't feel like a month depending on company because you get paid weekly or biweekly for 2-4 weeks prior work.
The best thing to do is not limit yourself to the # of companies or the skills. you can make $1000/wk easily if you are in a good area or cover a wide enough area that won't affect your gas to where you are working for free.
Also, once you get into the cable or sat you will find out a lot about black market. good for cable, fittings, screw clips, ground blocks, etc. At a 1/3 of the price. Did I say that out loud? lol!
If you don't live in my area I have a couple of leads I can give you. LOL! PM me if you need more info. In house work keeps that overhead down but instead of $65/15 or better, you get $30/12 or something like that and a truck (you rent $80/mth or so) with a gas card and all the materials you want, I mean need. benefits as well. may make anywhere from $1000-2500 every 2 weeks, but that is where you run the risk of charge backs if you mess up. What I do I can screw the whole job up and no charge back. no Qc over every job trying to get me. no benefits.
Good luck!
This is CABL.com posting #253297. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbd3B
Posted in reply to: install satellite or cable by derekk81
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: install satellite or cable ronjrcosten 5/5/2009 10:30:37 AM