Create your free account now! Sign up

Those who do not love the Lord will not help us se

Principle #6:
Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord
John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Will my friends want anything to do with me now that I am a Christian? That was the question I asked after I gave my life to Jesus. It wasn’t long before I found the answer….if I acted like them, they would accept me. When I acted like Christ, they would reject me. I struggled to determine the correct path. You see, I wanted Christ in my life but I also wanted Christ in my friend’s lives. If I broke my ties with my worldly friends, they would loose their opportunity to learn of Christ. So I tried to live as a Child of God while hanging out with the Devil’s kids. As you would expect, more often than not, they would tempt me to do the things that I did not want to do anymore. Eventually, I would give in. It was at this time that God showed me why misery loves company. You see, if I lived right and remained right, my old friends would feel guilt and shame for their behavior. But if I lived wrong they would prove that Christ has no affect on a person’s life. The guilt for their lifestyle would be removed. They would lay the snare (temptation) and wait for me to fall. Proverbs 24:15 says “Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place:” They would work hard to lure me back into the world. They wanted to see that the Christian life doesn’t work! I found that when I got right and stayed right that they left. However, when the law of sowing and reaping would kick in and they found themselves at the bottom, they would not look to their friends who did the things they did. Rather they called on me. They would ask me what I did to change my life, because my change was real. Others were not. What a blessing. I have been able to counsel literally dozens of friends from the past, in God’s timing, and tell them that Christ died for their sins. It has also led to prosperity in my Christian life and blessed happiness. Just like the Bible promises in Psalm 1: 1-3 Blessed (or Happy) is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful (listens to critical people). But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Don’t forget it...THOSE WHO DO NOT LOVE THE LORD WILL NOT HELP YOU SERVE THE LORD!

kid cable
This is CABL.com posting #252748. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdUK
There is 1 reply to this message