Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable Contractors - Leave while you still can.

It is no surprise to me that everyone in this business is so miserable.........

There is always some wining complainer putting up a post bitching about how bad this business is yet they are still here they still work in this business year after year.

It is attitudes and complainers like that that spread a bad attitude like a f%$#ing disease through the work force and make everyone miserable.

If you are unhappy, do what I did, I was an auto tech for some 20 years I figured out it was going nowhere or maybe it was not for me so what did I do???? I DID NOT complain to anyone and everyone I found another career, yep you guessed it cable now I am ALOT happier now.

In 4 years I have gone from making oh lets say $29,000/yr to making $75,000/year and I work alot less hours, I dont get greasy anymore, no more slag burns on my arms, and I dont smell like oil all day.

Dont get me wrong I love to open the hood once in a while I still have project cars but as a career no it is not for me I love what I do maybe I am nuts but I went from a rookie to a supervisor after traveling around the country to work in different sites to where I am now I live in one of the most expensive and exclusive area's of the country ( I was asked to come here) it is not my idea of where I would like to live permanantly but it will do for now.

Look I am not pointing this rant at any one person but think about it if some new guy that would like to try it and may turn out to be the worlds greatest tech reads some of this B.S. he may just go to McD's and flip burgers and miss out on something because some winer is running off at the mouth. ( plus alot of us are sick of the bitching).

If you dont like what you do CHANGE IT be a man and do something about it.

Thanks
This is CABL.com posting #251856. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdGm
Posted in reply to: Cable Contractors - Leave while you still can. by TheAlphaTech
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Cable Contractors - Leave while you still can. jrjuice5612000 4/26/2009 11:46:13 PM
Re: Cable Contractors - Leave while you still can. rookiecableguy 4/25/2009 12:05:48 PM