Create your free account now! Sign up

What Happened to Ethics?

I have a question for everyone out there. What happened to workmen ethics on the jobsite? Here is the thing I had a Wildblue job a couple of weeks ago that was suppose to be a movers connect. So I get there and do the deal and everything is to spec. I go in and the modem will not link up. I was on the phone for three hours trying to get everything fixed up. I had to leave because the contractor was suppose to sent the cx a new modem. The other day I find out that another contractor was dispatched to do the job and that is when it all hit the fan. The contractors get to the home and decide to start bashing me to the cx. They also tried to extort $200 dollars from them for a pole mount and running new lines. They were basically told to leave the property. They then called the owner of the company and lied to him about everything. I went back the next day with my rma modem and fixed the problem quick and like a hurry. So I called the owner and asked him how he could allow his subs to act like that. He then called the contractor and cried on how dare I contact him personally and hold him accountable. The thing is as sub we are being held to such high standards it is almost impossible to make a living. On the flip side The peole we work for directly seem like they dont have any rules and can make up shit as they see fit.

On the ethics thing....what would you have done? Now keep in mind I knew this contractor and had some background with him. I do not condon any stalking by any means
This is CABL.com posting #251793. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdFl
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: What Happened to Ethics? tw0edge 4/25/2009 10:52:52 AM
Re: What Happened to Ethics? LocoDawg 4/24/2009 9:08:10 PM