Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: our prez

I have a problem with your whole arguement. Succesion is a Constitutionally guarenteed right. Notice, no one was tried for treason after the civil war. The Constitution also in the tenth amendment states 'The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people'. This is where alot of the anger about the federal government is coming from. Look at what has been forced upon us by them in the last 50 years and ask yourself, what part of the constitution gave congress the right to enact this law. You will be hard pressed to do it on most of them. This is why states are talking about secession, the federal government is out of control and no longer follows big peices of the Constitution for their own power.

The Constitution says what it says, in very clear, concise wording. It is not a very wordy document for what it does. I whole heartedly reject the whole "living document" crap. The founding fathers were not worried about flowery phrases. Even the amendment I have quoted here, it is short, to the point and leaves no ambiguity, but it clearly conveyes it point and purpose. Yet the current version of government glosses over it with regularity. And we let them do it. Remember no too long ago, Mr Geithner wanted the power to take over businesses he thought were hurting the economy? He was asked what part of the Constitution gave him that authority to do that he responded, "oh no, congress would have to give me that authority". This kind of logic by both parties, is why we are where we are today.
This is CABL.com posting #251716. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdD6
Posted in reply to: Re: our prez by linedawg
There are 0 replies to this message