Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: moved post

Getting "traffic" is what everyone wants but it isn't always possible or practical. Most of the people here are looking for work. If everyone posted "help me find work" in the Companies section then the posts actually about companies get lost and, ultimately, traffic there goes away and everyone loses. As it is now, someone visiting every few days has several hundred messages to look at in the forums. Most people are busy and have an enormous amount of options on the net. If they have time and are interested they'll look at the classifieds. If not, they probably weren't going to help anyway.

If it's an actual, specific, question like "who has the install contract for Comcast in Albuquerque" then it's ok for the forum. Beyond that it belongs in Seeking Work. Ads there are free to regular forum posters. They may not get as much exposure but it can be enough, judging by the frequent questions I get about contacting members about those ads (tip: make sure to put a phone number in your profile or at least open your email address and/or private messages in Account Options)

I expected to have the company database section ready when I switched to the new format but had to pull it because it wasn't quite ready. It should help answer those "who is where" questions like yours, when done. I'm still working on the update to clean up all the issues with the new format, people with old browsers and offbeat security settings, and all that. Usually early Spring isn't a busy time for me here and I can get other things done but there have been about 1000 new registrations in just the last month as more and more people are looking for work. It's crazy.

This is CABL.com posting #251569. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdBJ
Posted in reply to: moved post by Victor
There are 0 replies to this message