Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: our prez

We leads me to my next question, why is our leadership so willing to allow this to happen? Why do we not do everything we can do to stay in top? I understand helping others to be more secure and to have a better lifestyle, but we seem hell bent to do it at our expense. All of the eviornmental traties ie Kyoto, exempt China and India. So all of the massive costs and restraints do not apply to them at a time when they are trying to become the dominant economic factors in the world. Why is it that the average American is being lead to believe we are the root cause of all of the worlds problems and we should feel guilty about how good we have it? It is crazy in my opinion.

Another problem I have with the photo is why was it allowed to be taken? I believe that Obama either has no clue how to lead or he is trying to change the way the country sees itself. In these times, why could that book not have been out of sight in an aides briefcase etc. I am not sure what is the real reason, but Obama has given me great cause to be wary with some of his actions. The one that sticks out off the top of my head is when the Obama's met the english royals. Protocols for as far back as I know, dictate you do not touch them. Michelle gave the queen a hug. It may seem silly to us, but it is a rule that has been followed for a long time, but because the Obama's decided it should be changed, it was OK even though they were in the UK and not the US why exactly. And then to give a head of state from agrueably the most powerful man in the world an Ipod after you went back wirks of art beause they were originally given the the Bush White House. I do not know what they are thinking about. But it makes the US look silly. And the whole bowing to King Fadah, you look at the pic and tell me. It really does make us look like we don't know what the hell we are doing, or we know exactly what we are doing and it ain't good. You choose for yourself which one it is, but i really don't like either.

The book thing really can really just be a nothing moment, but why allow it to happen at all, knowing the everything he does will be scrutinized. And be truthful here, if Bush had been seen walking with that book, what would the media reaction have been?
This is CABL.com posting #251564. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdBE
Posted in reply to: Re: our prez by superlinedog
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: our prez Boz Bell 4/23/2009 6:20:07 PM
Re: our prez linedawg 4/23/2009 6:06:42 PM