Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Solid Copper RG6

Someone PLEASE explain to me WHY sold copper has to be used for HD receivers. It is a matter of bandwidth, ya know- (read my last 2 post)
Now, I LOOOVE a good arguement, and I bet that anyone that has seen improvement with solid copper it is because it was put in place to bypass the existing house-wire that is dented with horshoe nails and stressed against corners that the electrician did when he wired the home (not to mention the fittings and the 1gig ground block/barrels that the CATV guy left there, or the poor house ground/static drain for the dish etc) 
I thought about this too, when I worked for Ironwood back when Rup's crap HD boxes came out-there was around a 65% return on those in the 1st week of service. Man, a lot of techs lost thier ASS having to back under obligational warranty. Murdock, taking over Hughes decided to make his rcvrs in some 3rd world country. THEY SUCK! And what a better excuse--send a tech out to 'convince' the cust that the pre-wire is substandard and WALA! I've seen this sort of ploy with my 15 years of experience in Cable and Dish, disguising a problem with another one that the layman will accept.
SOMEONE PLEASE PROVE THE SIGNAL QUALITY IS BETTER somehow with this solid copper thing and forget for now the quality of the shield THAT WILL make a great difference on the high priced coax, not because you were told so, but really......Next we will all use RG11 with Platinum connectors and Gold center conductors, right? When will the BS end
This is CABL.com posting #251489. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdAr
Posted in reply to: Re: Solid Copper RG6 by C.HAROLD
There are 0 replies to this message