Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: going to inhouse

I work in house now i used to be a contractor. it has it pros and cons. If you have experience they start you out at a CT-2 level which is about $12.50 an hour, but you don't have to pay for gas, and you can take you truck home, nice benefits payed time off all that good stuff, and of course the peace of mind of a steady paycheck. There are little things you can do to increase your pay rate. They let you take 2 NCTI courses a year and if you pass them you get a 1% pay rate increase, so thats and easy raise. After 6 months you can take test to go to a CT-3 then CT-4 (Maintenance). The only big difference is as contractor  if its 7pm and your getting done you last job them can't hit you with "Yea we just added 7 trouble calls to your log." Sometime that cool of you don't mind picking up work but some day's a work day will just get that best of you and you have the choice to turn it down where as in house you don't have a choice, but hey OT is really your best shot of making money in-houses. OT is practically unlimited, you could work all night if you really wanted to. %80 of the work in-house is all trouble calls and SRO's very rarely will you get an install or any kind of CDV job, We don't do wall fishing,or Post wires. with todays economy its really not a bad move. When i decided to go in-houses as far as money went i ended up making about the same when i was a contractor. when it came to not have to pay for gas and a phone it pretty much evened out. The one thing you'll end up saying to your self when you get in-houses thoe is you in the right business your just on the wrong side, when i was a contractor i was on the right side but i just wasn't working for the right people and it sucks to say but the right people are hard to find.... if they even exist.
Scottie Craig jr
This is CABL.com posting #251363. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdyp
Posted in reply to: Re: going to inhouse by cabledawg71874
There are 0 replies to this message