Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Animals

About 10 years ago, when I had just gotten out of cable and into DTV, I was in Kansas doing the new DTV gig.  Customer had 20+ dogs that lived in the house, 40+ cats that lived in and mostly out according to the customer.  The king animal of the house was a pot belly pig that was stationed on his living room couch.  Old home with old hardwood flooring and all you saw was animal fecies and hair, hair also floating in the air and sticking onto my sweaty body.  It took the customer 15 minutes or so to move the pb pig off of the couch so that I could reach the wall plate and get the tv hooked up.  That place was sick, but not as bad as the house a couple of years ago that I didn't even go into.  It was a dish changeover, 4 room install.  I gave the customers all the receivers and told him how to get them downloaded.  The house was full of pet rats, snakes, gerbils, all kinds of stuff.  It smelled so bad, it knocked me off of the front porch.  I would have to hold my breath when I wrapped the wiring closed to any window, there was no way that I was going in that house.  The worst encounter with animals, was actually with a hornet's nest.  I bet all the old cable dogs and linemen have encountered that!!  They had a nest consuming the entire bottom of a transformer.  I never saw it, but as soon as I drove my first 2 hits into the J-Hook, here they came!  I jumped off the pole, landing in the bushes below, they were still taggin me, I had to run a half a mile before they let up.  Over 100 stings, fortunately I wasn't allergic, but I was out for a couple days due to swelling, needless to say.  The cable co. felt bad, because lots of inhouse techs refused the job due to the country location.  Oh well, I still live!!
This is CABL.com posting #251119. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdut
Posted in reply to: Animals by kount
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Animals trent756 4/20/2009 12:32:10 AM