Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Texas might succeed from the union....

Secede. not succeed.

But I have several concerns.

Since the U.S. would close and remove all military property and personnel,  Texas would have to finance and form their own army, air force, and navy, and then possibly enforce a draft if not enough volunteers took to the cause. During said time the violence on the Mexican borders would flood into the newly formed country that would be unable to defend itself. As we can see today by the influx of illegals into our country there are a lot more Latin Americans than Texans. Texas has a huge border to protect. And what happens to the persons in the military who were residents of Texas prior to the secession. If they stay in the military (enforced) they could not go home till after their service was over.

All federal funding stops. Education ?  Health care ? Welfare ? Law enforcement ? Disaster relief (hurricanes, tornadoes, floods)

NASA goes bye, bye and moves elsewhere.

Quite possible that a trade embargo is enforced by the U.S.

Tax rates would have to skyrocket in order to cover the replacement of services that were once provided by the U.S.

Any corporations having government contracts would lose them or more than likely leave Texas in order to keep them. (bye, bye more jobs)

I know I'm just a damned yankee ladder jock, but I have to wonder how far ahead Rick Perry is looking more than stirring up some cheers from angry people.
This is CABL.com posting #251078. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdtO
Posted in reply to: Texas might succeed from the union.... by Polehiker
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Texas might succeed from the union.... FARREACH 4/28/2009 2:18:04 AM
Re: Texas might succeed from the union.... sab3r 4/19/2009 8:06:44 PM
Re: Texas might sucede from the union.... Polehiker 4/19/2009 5:04:08 PM