Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: knight charge-back

No no sorry about any confusion, another Frank in MD. I never worked for Knight, I left cable altogether about 6 years ago after being a million in the hole with Comcast twice in two years and now work cell towers. But the concept is the same. If you performed work and the prime was paid and you were not, it is fraud and embezzlement ( as long as you have proof of your work and ALL of the paperwork. Digital camera pics of completed work can save your ass later. Pics on everything). Start hitting these bastards with CRIMINAL instesd of civil complaints, watch the attitudes start changing. Tey love your money, but I am sure they love their freedom even more.

And I am serious about the pics. Learned along time ago, doing ug construction, video taped everything. I have countless times when a homeowner would call the MSO and complain. I would pull the tape and go out listen to the rant of how my crew was a bunch of morons who screwed up their property and destroyed their driveway. I would stand there and listen without saying a word until they were finished. And then ask them do you want to watch the video of the property before we started working and I can show you the damage that was there way before we got there? And then give them the option of watching it on the 3 inch screen on the camera or do you want to watch it inside in surround sound on fth flat screen? You have no idea how many people get PISSED when you tell them without saying the words, you are a liar and a thief. Install work just a couple of pics, pole, p hook/meter ground block and set will cover most of the areas for complaints and qc's. Pics keep people honest. And I told all of my crews no pics, I cant defend you.

ps also check your home state. PA and NJ also have a contractor / subcontractor payment act which also lays out remedies for invoice changes. In Pa, they only have 1 week to give notice of invoice deductions. It also stipulates sub contractors should be paid no later than 15 days. Violations earn 2 percent interest per month AND if you have to sue to collect, an additional 2 percent. You also get legal costs if they lose.
This is CABL.com posting #251060. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdtw
Posted in reply to: Re: knight charge-back by Polehiker
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: knight charge-back mcosart 4/20/2009 10:50:12 PM