Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: more food for thought

you need to reread not me. I said    In the 80's it was millionaires. Now it is those who make 250k+. What are you going to say when it reaches your pay scale.  So who is the non reading genius now genius? The government will keep taking that number lower and lower to keep growing and growing. Eventually the service on the debt is going to be so huge, one of two things will happen. HUGE tax increases across the board or entitlements will have to be cut. Which do you think will happen?

The so called "rich" are not stupid. They will always find wiggle room in the tax code until it is scrapped and replaced with a flat or sales tax. And both of those are a long shot because they both require congress to give up power.

As for your "I only throw trash" comment. Bring it on. Tell me specifically what is said that is wrong and back it up with proof and not the usual babble that comes from you. DETAILS.

And your last comment is the most ridiculous of them all. If I match 2 hours of network television a month it is a ton. And none of it is network news. Can't stand them. I read, I listen to news and talk radio, I talk to the people in my community, which is more rural, and form MY OWN opinions on things. I don't need a talking head or a party hack to tell me what I think. Quite the contrary, one township commissioner still wont speak to me because he wanted to double talk and not answer a simple direct question. And yes all 3 commissioners are republicans. And as far as my party affiliation goes, I am registered republican but that is not my "guiding" principle by any means. I am conservative. Responsible for myself, my wife and my children. I don't need or want the government to think for me. I want the entire federal government housed in a 2000 sq ft building.

I ask you again Gwester, point blank, why do you trust the government to do the right thing? What have they done in the last 50 years to foster a confidence to be taken seriously? Answer those questions or shut the hell up.  I can not get comfortable with Obama, he has too much baggage from the election and even if he meant all that he said during the campaign, he owes too much to too many. Bush sucked, Clinton Sucked, Bush Sr was not bad but really did very little. Reagan was the only one who really got anything done. Carter was an embarrassment, Ford did what exactly, Johnson was in over his head and Kennedy started the welfare state as we know it and had the morals of an alley cat. Do I need to go on?
This is CABL.com posting #250908. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdq4
Posted in reply to: Re: more food for thought by Gwester843
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: more food for thought Gwester843 4/17/2009 9:58:50 PM