Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: not on CNN...why not?

This is not an issue of dem or rep. I am guided by conservative principles, not a party affliation. As far as the news networks, they have their own agenda and are not to be taken seriously.

This whole mortgage mess was started in 1991 largely by Rep Barney Frank, DEMOCRAT ( nowhere in this name do you see George Bush ). Frank pushed for the relaxation of the standard rules for mortgages while he was sleeping with the ceo of Fannie Mae, a qausi goverment corp that is under the oversight of the committee Frank was ranking member of at the time. Bush wanted to change the oversight of Frddie and Fannie and was shot down. So please spare me the hot air that on George Bush created the housing mess. He does not WRITE any of the laws, he signs them into law for the congress and then is charged with enforcement of them. So any law he may have used, 535 rocket scientists in congress approved first. Clinton did not actually start it but it happened during his administration. No different than blaming Bush for it, but 1991 was Clintons, not Bushs

As far as wall street goes, again get off your high horse. There are more donations to democrats and democrat causes from the upper management of the wall street firms. So that idea does not hold water either. There were so many people lining their pockets, dem and rep alike it is disgusting. My arguement is all encompassing of congress and both parties presidents. These people ar responsible for the overwhelming percentage of the current mess we are in so excuse me if I don't believe they are hoping to change a damn thing.

Now I am not absolving republicans in any way shape or form. They tried to garner votes by spending like drunken sailors on shore leave during Bush. I believe the federal government should only be running the military, negotiating treaties, resolving disputes between the states and/or regarding federal law and regulating the money supply. Including a 2 million man military, the federal government should have 2,000,100 people working for it. Not the bloated beauracricy we have now. We the people need to retake control of our elected officials and hold them ALL accountable.

One last thing.  I voted for Clinton. But the whole Monica thing destroyed him in my eyes. HE LIED under oath and tried to use word games in the depositions. The Office of the President of the United States is the highest in the land and is to be held in the highest regard. I do not blame Bill for wanting a blow job. But he IS a MARRIED man. He made a lie long commitment to Hillary before GOD himself. He violated that. And then again under oath ( so help you GOD) he lied again. Why do I or anyone else for that matter, want to respect a liar, whose own willing commitments to our Lord are easily thrown away? Even his own group of truth benders ( the bar association) threw him out of their group and disbarred him. This is what I why I say over and over actions not words.
This is CABL.com posting #250612. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdmi
Posted in reply to: Re: not on CNN...why not? by Gwester843
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: not on CNN...why not? Gwester843 4/15/2009 7:17:54 PM