Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need My Head Examined

Its nearly impossible the first time. The only way I know is  to try and find out in politics is follow the money. Look at what they are doing and most importantly, where the money goes and that will usually tell you what the truth is.

My point in my previous post is once a politician starts telling half truths and outright lies, stop trusting them period. As the old saying goes, screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. I make no bones about it, I am a conservative, not republican, conservative. I believe in a very limited federal government. But in my post I also listed three separate and distinct questions, 2 of them defy logic but the stimulus bill directly contradicts his campaign promises about a bill will be posted for 48 hours before being passed. I know congress controls the flow of bills in their building, but please do not try to tell me Obama was not asked about it. The largest spending bill in history and it was rushed through with handwritten notes on the margins. I was willing to see what Obama would DO, not say, do. And that was just one big problem for me.

Now to me as a person my word is my word. If I give you my word and I do not follow through, what right do I have to expect you to believe me again? That is the general problem with politicians. Tell the masses what they want to hear and then do what you feel like. We have to pay attention and vote for performance not nice speeches. I do not care if it the the county animal control officer or president of the United States. If you say you are going to do something, do it. If there is a reasonable explanation why that is not possible, tell us you are going to violate your word and why in detail BEFORE you violate your promise not after. And if we have to vote out every single politician every single election for the foreseeable future until they figure out who is boss, so be it.

Do yourself one other favor, READ a copy of the Constitution and the Federalist Papers and explain to yourself what authority to government has to enact most of the laws they pass and how would the Founding Fathers act if they were around today. If congress cant follow the Constitution, what chance do we have?

Remember one thing, these buggers work FOR us. If you behaved as they do in your job, how long would you remain employed? Why are willing to accept at the least incompetence, and at worst outright thievery from these esteemed individuals?
This is CABL.com posting #250608. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdme
Posted in reply to: Re: Need My Head Examined by bushmaster
There are 0 replies to this message