Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Solid Copper RG6

Its been explained to me like this; SIZE matters when it comes to signal loss. Think of a coax cable in a cross section, like a tree trunk. Imagine the rings of the trunk (diebold), the lower frequency,mhz, travels on the smaller rings and larger rings of the tree carry higher mhz. Dings in the cable like really tight zip ties or staples will cause something called a 'pooling' effect and can be seen on an oscilloscope. Bend radius is an important thing too since different frequency will travel in waves at different angles down the line. I think that it was a guy at PACE or Wineguard that explained this in a class. Knowing this, I dont think that signal gives a shit about the quality of electric conductiveness of the center conductor, maybe ol Rupe has stock in cable too. (he probabally outsources its manufacture as well) I don't think either that there is enoughh electrical loss to make a difference whether it is clad or pure copper. Power lines are aluminum, Most ground rods, blocks etc are a copper clad too, this gives the metal rigidity/resilliancy-so it doesnt bend and break. Electricity carries on the OUTSIDE of a conductor, scientifically. The BOND is important when it comes to transference and is where copper becomes more relevant. I think who dreamed this up are the same class of fuckers who keep changing everything like using 6$ F-connectors, hey-if things arent working right lets find a reason to fuck up what MAY be wrong instead of openning a book.
This is CABL.com posting #250202. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdfG
Posted in reply to: Re: Solid Copper RG6 by cablepro222000
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Solid Copper RG6 coasttech 8/23/2009 5:43:23 PM
Re: Solid Copper RG6 badassinstaller 4/15/2009 12:18:21 PM
Re: Solid Copper RG6 johngault 4/11/2009 2:29:16 PM